NAME Thread::Cleanup - Hook thread destruction. VERSION Version 0.07 SYNOPSIS use Thread::Cleanup; use threads; Thread::Cleanup::register { my $tid = threads->tid(); warn "Thread $tid finished\n"; }; DESCRIPTION This module allows you to hook thread destruction without fiddling with the internals of threads. It acts globally on all the threads that may spawn anywhere in your program, with the exception of the main thread. The hooks registered with this module will also be called when pseudo-forks (i.e. processes spawn on Windows for the "fork" emulation) terminate. FUNCTIONS "register" register { ... }; ®ister($coderef); Specify that the given block or code reference $coderef will have to be called (in void context, without arguments) every time a thread or a pseudo-fork terminates. More precisely : * For joined threads, it will be called when "join" succeeds, after any "END" block local to the spawn thread ; * For detached threads, it will be called if and only if the thread terminates before the main thread, and the hook will then fire at global "END" time ; * For pseudo-forks, it will be called when "waitpid" succeeds, after any local or global "END" block ; * It will never trigger for the destruction of the main thread. EXPORT None. DEPENDENCIES perl 5.8. A C compiler. This module may happen to build with a C++ compiler as well, but don't rely on it, as no guarantee is made in this regard. threads 1.07. XSLoader. AUTHOR Vincent Pit, "", . BUGS Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-thread-cleanup at rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at . I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. SUPPORT You can find documentation for this module with the perldoc command. perldoc Thread::Cleanup ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS Inspired by a question from TonyC on #p5p. COPYRIGHT & LICENSE Copyright 2009,2010,2013,2014 Vincent Pit, all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.